Thursday 24 May 2012

The Garden Today

I am so happy with the garden! Some of my roses have flowered......these are called Countess of Wessex, and their scent is delicious!





And the red rambling rose  (rosa gallica var. officinalis)   is about to flower.





Today I planted the lilies I bought at  Chelsea Flower Show - they are called AFRICAN LADY, and should look like this when they flower.



And yesterday I had the first radishes....I made a salad of radish and mint - the mint was also from the garden - it was delicious! My peas and beans are coming up and I'll soon be able to harvest the first of them. It's just so delicious to get fresh veg and herbs from the garden! 
I planted tomatoes and marigolds together the other day.







I am also very happy with my Delft Blue violas.



No comments:

Post a Comment